What is the CCSP Certification?
How do chiropractors achieve sports certification?
Certified Chiropractic Sports Physicians ®(CCSP®) have completed a minimum of 100 hours of post doctoral education in specialized sports medicine topics and must pass a Board Examination.
How do certified sports chiropractors maintain their credentials?
The sports chiropractor remains abreast of the latest research and treatment innovations through continuing education and field experience. The American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physicians™ (ACBSP®) offers an annual seminar to update the doctors on the latest research and techniques.
Care from a Board Certified Sports Chiropractor
The unique expertise applied to the management of athletic injuries by certified sports chiropractors IMPROVES PATIENT OUTCOMES. The training and experience common to certified sports chiropractors allows FASTER AND MORE PRECISE DIAGNOSIS of problems related to EXERCISE, REPETITIVE MOTION AND HIGH-INTENSITY ACTIVITY. Smarter, more targeted rehabilitation allows patients a more rapid return to function and prevents recurrences.
- Sports Injury diagnosis, treatment, and prevention
- Kinesiology taping
- Rehabilitation exercises
- Emergency procedures
- Exercise prescription
- Sports nutrition
Benefits to Athletes
- Faster recovery from injury – get back to play sooner
- Access to a wider range of treatment tools
- Expertise in high-performance athletics and preventive strategies
- Guidance for athletic training
- Sports nutrition consulting
- Individualized treatment
- Sports-specific treatment and preventive exercises
- Ability to integrate treatment with training
Benefits to Non-Athletes
- Fast evaluation of injury or pain source
- Reduces treatment duration – less visits
- Corrective exercises to prevent injuries
- Holistic approach/wellness model.
- Advantage of the latest treatments and methods developed for athletics
10 Things You Should Know About Certified Sports Chiropractors
- Possess specialized knowledge of sports injuries and physical fitness
- Are experts in the function of the body during movement, from high-level athletes to everyday activities
- Can help optimize athletic performance by applying an advanced understanding of musculoskeletal function and performance enhancement
- Offer individualized care that extends beyond spinal adjustment to include direct treatment of muscles, joints, and connective tissues
- Focus on total body wellness and reaching optimal functioning, not just reducing pain
- Are immersed in the latest sports medicine research, trends, and treatment techniques
- Can integrate seamlessly with other health care practitioners to optimize your medical care
- Are passionate proponents of physical fitness and skilled sports medicine practitioners
- Will help you achieve YOUR peak performance with a breadth and depth of knowledge found only with their specific training
- Comprise the top tier of the chiropractic profession (less than 1% in North Carolina in 2016)